Wednesday, January 22, 2014

5 Things Husbands Should Never Say To Their Housewife/Stay At Home Mom

1.  What did you do all day?
     Oh no you didn't!  If you weren't here, you can't judge! 
     You didn't see the countless hours I spent comforting a sick baby, cleaning up after the dog, running boys to and from practices, cooking breakfast and getting that cleaned up just in time to start lunch, starting Monsters Inc., refilling sippy cups, wiping up spills, starting Monsters Inc. (again)...It's amazing that these four walls are still standing.  Thank you very much!

2.  So, I see you're still wearing your pajamas.
     I'm so sorry I didn't take time out from wiping other people's butts and getting last nights spaghetti noodles off of the window sills to get dressed and put my face on.  What ever was I thinking?

3.  It must be nice to be able to sit around, watch Dr. Phil, and crochet all day.
     Oh it is.  It's amazing that I can do that and I still manage to have supper on the table every evening, clean laundry, and you can get through the front door when you walk in.  It's almost like I'm Super Woman!

4.  You know what would have made this meal so much better?
     Um...let me see.  If you had cooked it yourself?  Or maybe if you had to go hungry for a few days and learned to appreciate what you get and how you get it?  

5.  Why are you going to bed so early?  You don't have any reason to be tired.
     Let me tell you, if all I done all day every day was watch every move that these kids make, that's enough to make me want to turn in early.
     I don't think dads understand that mommys work never ends.  Even if I'm not physically doing something, my mind is in constant motion.  It's exhausting.
     So husbands, take a minute to think before you speak.  It'll work out better for you in the end.  I promise.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment