Thursday, October 31, 2013

Harvest Pumpkin Goodness

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels...except cupcakes.  They taste pretty darn good:)
     One of my very favorite things in the world to do is bake!  I like to bake cakes, cookies, pies, breads, but mostly, I love to make cupcakes.
     What's not to love about a cupcake?  They fit in your hand, it's just the right amount without feeling guilty, you don't have to dirty a plate or fork to eat them.  They're just a tiny piece of heaven.  Yummm...
     So, when I started nagging my husband for a Kitchen Aid Mixer about three years ago, I thought the day would never come.
     I make cupcakes for everything!  I've made them for weddings, anniversary party's, birthdays, baby showers...all the while, using my little hand held, cuisinart mixer that I paid 0.25 at the Christian Quarter Store in Fordland.  I have to admit, it was a good one.  But it wasn't a Kitchen Aid.
Wedding
Applie Pie Filled
Wedding Shower
 
   Ladies, I hate to rub it in, but I probably have about the best husband in the world!  Last February, for Valentine's Day, he did it!  I got my mixer!!!
     This thing is my pride and joy.  When nothing seems right in my

   world.  When I've had a horrible day.  When all of my dishes are
dirty, the laundry's piled four feet high, the kids are covered in spaghetti and meatballs, and I haven't had a shower for five days, I just go to my safe place.  My little butchers block in the kitchen where my mixer sits all bright and shiny.  Sigh.....All is well.
250 cupcakes for a
60th Anniversary Party
     My mixer and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary in three months.  In those nine months I've made a lot of old recipes and I've discovered a lot of new ones.
     When I "perfect" a cupcake, I usually don't like to share the recipe.  But this one is too yummy not to share.  In fact, it's so yummy, that I had these for breakfast, and lunch yesterday...then a sensible dinner, of course.
     So, with Thanksgiving just around the corner, I want to share this easy, Harvest Pumpkin Cupcake recipe.  It's a great alternative for the kids that may not like pumpkin pie.  They are so easy and delicious!

HARVEST PUMPKIN CUPCAKES
4 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 c. vegetable oil
2 c. sugar
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. corn starch
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt

CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1/2 c. butter or margarine
12 oz. cream cheese
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.  Add rest of ingredients.  Mix on medium for about two minutes.  Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.  Baker 17-20 minutes.

Frosting:  Cream together butter and cream cheese in mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add powdered sugar beating until smooth.  Stir in cinnamon and vanilla.

ENJOY!!!
   
   
   
So good they'll make your tongue slap your brains out!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment